Just noticed that Torch Mobile’s Iris Browser for the Windows Mobile platform has updated their Iris Browser to version 1.1.9. I haven’t checked on the latest updates but remembered playing around with it a long time ago when it first came out. I decided to try it out on a Palm Treo Pro (on loan for a few weeks) and boy has it gotten much better! I think it’s worth a look! Check out the official release and some screenshots I just made from the Palm Treo Pro:
Iris Browser 1.1.9 was released today. It includes a number of important fixes and some exciting new features. The highlights in brief:
* Improved canvas support – curves, transparency fixes, and more
* Application cache support
* Flash reliability fixes
* The link click animation has been removed, by popular request
* A security fix in SVG support
* Preliminary RTSP support and a Windows Media plugin. Also the beginning of HTML5 audio/video support (more to come here)
* Fixes for various iPhone site, including Google calendar and reader
Some of the multimedia features are still early in the development cycle but considering how much already works we decided it was worth releasing it now.
You can download the update through the online update system or via our download page.
Thanks for visiting and supporting Palm Discovery. If you are not reading this article from Palmdiscovery.com, the website you are reading it from is copying and posting my content without consent. Please visit Palm Discovery for the original source of the material.