Thanks for visiting and supporting . If you are not reading this article from Palmdiscovery.com, the website you are reading it from is copying and posting my content without consent. Please visit Palm Discovery for the original source of the material.
Check out Palm Addicts for all the giveaways that Sammy generously gives away from time to time! Don’t forget, it’s also a great source of pda related news.
There are times when you wished you had the ability to snap a picture of what you see on your device’s screen. It could be an awesome theme you’ve installed, or a cool trick you just found out. But, how to do so? You could try to take a picture with your camera. But, the flash may get in the way and totally wreck the picture, or perhaps the image of the screen is so tiny that you’d need a magnifying glass to see it. Even if you got a semi decent picture that isn’t blurry, the image may not show the screen nearly as well as if you got a scan of it.
What you need in this case, is a special utility or app that can capture an exact image of the screen. Well, there is such an app! Actually there are a few screen capturing apps out there for the Symbian S60 platform! Previously, I’ve reviewed the popular screen capturing app by Antony Pranata called Screenshot for Symbian OS. Check out my review of Screenshot for Symbian OS by Antony Pranata here!
Today, I’ll be reviewing and looking at Smartphoneware’s ScreenSnap, another screen capturing app that will quickly and easily capture an image of what you see on the screen without any hassles. And best of all, it’s FREE!
Much like many other screen capturing apps out there, it’s very easy to configure and use. Assign a button or button combination to trigger the screen capture and it’s done! Trigger the image capture by pressing a button or button combination and you’ve got a screen capture image saved. Of course, you can also set other settings such as where the images are saved, the naming of the images and others.
For those who want to skip over all the detailed review and just want a summary, you can jump to the review summary
With Best ScreenSnap you can capture screenshots on your smartphone, save them to a file or send them to friends or to your desktop computer.
Best ScreenSnap is FREE! You can download and use it absolutely free of charge. No spyware or adware inside.
* Configurable hotkey to make a screenshot.
* Sound notification after taking screenshot
* Supports true colour BMP, 256 colour BMP, and JPG
* Ability to send image via Bluetooth, Infrared, MMS or email.
* Auto-generated image name.
* Ability to set up where to save screenshots.
With Best ScreenSnap you can capture screenshots on your smartphone. To make a screenshot you just need to press the defined key combination while Best ScreenSnap works in background.
* You can define your own hotkey to make a screenshot.
* After the application makes a screenshot you hear camera click sound to notify you.
* You can save screenshots as true colour BMP, 256 colour BMP, and JPG. For JPG you can select the image quality (the worser quality the smaller the file size).
* Action: you can select action to be performed after taking screenshot. Save the image to disk or immediately send it via Bluetooth, Infrared, multimedia message or email.
* You don’t have to type the file name each time you take a screenshot, you can specify the base file name of the screenshot image files. application will automatically append a unique number to the base filename. E.g. src000001.jpg, src000002.jpg, src000003.jpg etc.
* Taken images are saved directly to your Images folder. That allows you to browse, view and delete taken screen shots with a built-in picture viewer application.
* The application allows you to select a folder in Images section where your screenshots will appear in order to differentiate your screenshots from other images like your camera photos, etc
* You can configure screenshots to be stored on the internal phone disk or on the memory card.
* Best ScreenSnap is FREE! You can download and use it absolutely free of charge. No spyware and adware inside.
How to install
* You can download .SIS or .SISX (installation file) file to your mobile and execute it to start installation of the application.
* You can download the file to your desktop PC. Then connect PC to your phone and transfer the installation file. Execute it to start installation. If you selected to download .zip file you should unzip it first.
* You can download the file to your desktop PC and just execute it to start installation of the application on your phone if you have Nokia PC Suite installed.
Slideshow of Screensnap